HASTech provides information technology services and support to faculty, staff and students within the College of Humanities and Sciences. These services include:
- troubleshooting and repair of computers owned by Humanities and Sciences
- application installation and troubleshooting
- administration of file, print and application servers
- support for scientific instruments
Request Tech Support
HASTech does not provide technical support for your personal computers. If your personal computer needs repair, please contact one of the following groups:
- RamTech (fees apply for service)
- VCU IT Support Center
For CHS Faculty and Staff
If you are contacting us regarding a problem with your computer, please have all the following information ready to submit with your request:
- The computer's physical location (building and room number)
- The five-digit numerical HASTech inventory number ('HASTag' - located on a white sticker labeled 'Property of College of Humanities and Sciences')
- Complete text of error message(s), if any
- A thorough description of the problem and symptoms
Once you have gathered the required information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (804) 828-6180.
Where's my HASTag?
Your HASTag is a five-digit number on a white sticker on the top of a desktop tower, laptop lid, front panels of printers, or back of a tablet.
HASTech has relocated to 940 W. Grace St. The Math Exchange occupies the front part of the building while HASTech can be directly accessed using the rear alley entrance. Should you need to visit HASTech, schedule in advance by contacting email@example.com or (804) 828-6180 in order to help ensure all necessary safety protocols are followed.