Inclusion, Diversity and Equity Committee
The College of Humanities and Sciences seeks to foster and support a respectful, inclusive and accessible community of students, staff and faculty. Through the skills and talents of all its diverse constituents, we are committed to develop, sustain and support curriculum, research, policies and outreach to prepare and retain responsible and critical citizens and leaders within our diverse community. Therefore, the mission of the CHS Inclusion, Diversity and Equity Committee (IDEC) is to highlight, coordinate, promote and institute efforts across all units within the College that foster respect, greater understanding, engagement and inclusion of all its members.
- Charlene Crawley (Chemistry), co-chair
- Amy Rector (Anthropology), co-chair
- Edmund Acevedo (Dean's Office)
- Christine Booker (Kinesiology)
- Shawn Jones (Psychology)
- Joseph Mitchell (African American Studies)
- Jo Murphy (Forensic Sciences)
- Amanda Parks (Psychology)
- Roy Roach (Robertson School)
- Travis Williams (Sociology)
- Raven Witherspoon (Physics)
This committee meets every third Monday from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. August through May. It typically meets in Founders Hall 101, but currently meets via Zoom due to COVID-19 restrictions.